TRAVEL & VENUECOVID-19
Before Entering Korea: Requirement of COVID-Test Negative Issuance
1. Timely Completion of Vaccination
- Completion of vaccination: 14 days after the second dose (effective from June 1, 2022)
- From 08 June 2022 onwards, quarantine exemption will be extended to all travellers including unvaccinated individuals. The same entry guidelines apply to the unvaccinated as those who have completed vaccination.
2. Acceptable Languages PCR Test Result
- The test result document needs to include your name (identical to name on passport; middle name may be omitted), date of birth (passport number or ID number is acceptable), test method (e.g. NAAT, PCR, LAMP, TMA, SDA, RAT, Antigen), test date, test result, date of issuance, and name of testing center.
3. Negative PCR Certificate Languages
- The test method (test type) must be written in Korean or English.
- NOTE: If the inspection method is issued in Korean or English, It is considered appropriate, even if the rest of the document is not in Korean or English.
- If the test method is shown in a language that is NEITHER Korean NOR English, a certified translation of the test result must be provided in Korean or English, along with a certificate of translation.*
- NOTE: Translations by individual translators must be notarized locally or at your nearest Korean embassy. Translations by the certified translation office or a certified translator need not be re-notarized or certified by the Korean embassy.
4. Acceptable Test Types
- PCR tests based on the nucleic acid amplification methods (e.g. NAATs, RT-PCR, LAMP, TMA, SDA, NEAR) or supervised Rapid Antigen Tests (RATs) are valid
- All types of COVID-19 tests taken without medical supervision are not accepted.
5. Calculate When to Get Tested and Certified
- Submit a negative PCR COVID-19 test result performed (the sample collected) and issued within 48 hours of the departure date, or supervised negative professional RAT result taken and issued within 24 hours of the departure date
- Note: (Example) If you are departing from a country to Korea on May 23 at 10:00, 2022, you must submit your negative PCR test result taken after 00:00 on May 21, 2022 or supervised negative RAT result taken after 00:00 on May 22, 2022.
6. Submission of the Negative Test Result
- The image file of your test result must be uploaded at the Q-code system or its hard copy must be submitted at the entry screening in Korea to verify the test result.
- See Quarantine Information Pre-entry System Q-Code
- Note: Hard copy is accepted after entering Korea, but you may need to stay at the airport or quarantine at a designated facility (at your own expense) until your test result is completely accepted.
- Note: If you need to wait at the airport after the flight closing time or for a longer time, you must quarantine at a designated facility (accommodation and meals are not provided at the airport).
COVID-Test Upon Arrival in Korea : 1 PCR within 3 days of arrival + 1 RAT (recommended, not required) on 6-7th day after arrival
PCR/RAT tests are available at local medical institutions and screening clinics throughout Korea.
In Daegu, there are over 28 screening clinics and hospitals that can perform PCR or RAT tests.
- However, in most cases, it is not possible to make a reservation and the cost of the examination may vary. Typically, it costs around 150,000 won to 200,000 won for a foreigner, but the additional inspection fee may occur
- The Incheon Airport COVID-19 Testing Center is useful upon arrival. (PCR Test time can be reserved in advance through the website, receipt and result report delivered via e-mail or texting)
COVID-Test before leaving Korea
- A final Covid-19 Test is required before leaving Korea for home. Participants of the conference should individually check the type of test (PCR or Professional RAT) and the valid timeline of the test results required to return to their country.
- Just like when you enter the country, you can take a final PCR or RAT test at Incheon Airport COVID 19 Test Center
- Otherwise, it is recommended to use the Immigration PCR/RAT dedicated center Seegene Medical Foundation in Daegu. It is open 24/7 on a reservation basis throughout the year. See more information and reservation Seegene Medical Foundation COVID-19 Test Center
Current Mask Wearing in Korea
- Outdoor mask mandate in Korea adjusted starting May 2. Currently, outdoor mask mandate (KRW 100,000 fine for non-compliance) is enforced in cases (1) where a 2-meter distance between people cannot be maintained particularly in settings with large crowds such as rallies, concerts, or events; (2) to use outdoor public-use facilities, or attend events with more than 50 people; (3) Person who has symptoms of COVID-19, or belong to high-risk groups.
- The indoor mask-wearing mandate remains in place without change; Everyone aged 2 years or older – including passengers – should properly wear a well-fitting mask in indoor areas including of public transportation (such as airplanes, trains, buses, and ferries) and transportation hubs (such as airports, stations, and seaports), especially in location that are crowded or poorly ventilated such as airport jetways.
- In short, please always carry a mask while you are in Korea because wearing a mask and taking off a mask are intertwined in everyday life. (for example, entering a restaurant you have to wear a mask from entering, ordering to serving; during eating you can remove the mask; you have to wear a mask again while staying in the restaurant after eating; you can take off your mask when you leave the restaurant)